Sunday, January 29, 2012

So...big catch up required.

Ok, where to start?

So after the injuries to the shins from running in bad trainers and trying to do too much too soon I laid off the running until the new year.

In the meantime I've continued to do the mma/boxing circuit on the monday afternoons. Tuesdays and Wednesdays I've been hitting the high Intensity internal training circuits. Mainly 4 to 6 stations working cardio, core, upper body and legs, 30 seconds on and 10 seconds off. The sessions last around 20 minutes and the goal is too lose as much weight as possible so I'll have less to drag around Kettering on May 12th.

Thursdays have either been either a heavy cardio or weights session and Friday back to boxing or a 25 minute swim.

On the swimming front I've been trying to go as many mornings as I can but due to the dark mornings I've been a bit rubbish and on average only gone two mornings a week doing 24 lengths.

In the evenings I've been using EA sports active fit 2 to help just to burn a couple hundred extra calories. I'm doing 4 nights a week on this so in total using around 1000 calories a week which in addition to the lunchtime sessions should help the pounds to slowly drop off.

The shins - they have become a real issue as I've tried many different techniques to try and ease the pain felt during and after running. None have really made a great change but I've decided to keep running regardless. I've started changing my running style to try and land more on the front/mid foot and to take more shorter strides. It's helped a bit and I'm able to run 2 x 5k runs a week and today (Sunday) managed to complete 5 miles in 46:55. I had to stop twice to stretch out the shins and hams but the cardio and legs were fine other that the shin pains. I'll be looking to have some treatment on them once I can get a referral from the quack.

My weight around Christmas was 182 lbs, I've managed to drop to 169 lbs, most of that was due to losing the water from previous creatine load cycle. I'm looking to get down to 160 lbs for May.

No comments:

Post a Comment