Sunday, November 6, 2011

The entrance of MAN flu...

So, things started a little shaky, what with the injury to the shins and having to stop running but I am still focused on the end goal.

As it transpires the shins were starting to feel better when a new contender entered the ranks...Man flu!

NNNOOOOOOO!

#nosympathywhatsoevergentsnotevenabit

Needless to say I had to lower the level of exercise for a week to try and aid a speedy recovery and to get back on track quicker.

Week 5 - Morning - Swimming.  (Monday to Friday)

6 lengths.
Rest for one minute
4 lengths .
Rest for 30 seconds
2 lengths

Once the lurgy had started to lose it's grip on it's host, namely me, I started to put the cardio back into the routine with increasing the distance (and lowering the sets as it were) for the morning swims.

In addition to this I got back on the Monday afternoon MMA type curcuit.

On Tuesday through Friday I managed to sneak in two sessions at lunchtime, a quick boxing session followed by a pretty much all out swimming session.

Week 6 - Morning - Swimming. (Monday to Friday)

8 lengths.
Rest for 30 seconds
4 lengths

Week 6 - Afternoon - Boxing/Cardio (Monday only)

Weighted (10kg) squat walk to 50m
Lunge twists (10kg viper) 50m
30 seconds all out on the heavy bag
30 seconds rest
30 seconds all out on the heavy bag
20 TM pushups 5kg dumbells
50 Jabs
45 seconds log jumps
50 Crosses
30 seconds rest
10 kg bag rolls 100m
25 body shots (each side)
25 Jump squats (10kg bag)
60 seconds kettle bell swings (10kg)
Stretches
Week 6 - Afternoon - Boxing. (Tuesday - Friday)

3 X 3 minute rounds on Heavy bag - (each round split into 6 x 30 second intervals)

Interval 1 = Combonations.
Interval 2 = Speed combonations.
Interval 3 = Heavy shots
Interval 4 = Pummels
Interval 5 = Single arm clinch with hooks.
Interval 6 = Mixture of all of the above.

Week 6 - Afternoon - Swimming.

8 lengths.
Rest for 30 seconds
4 lengths

All in all things are starting to pick up again and I'm looking forward to hitting some more insanity cardio sessions next week. There is also talk of a bleep test once a week with fellow tough mudder Dan, I been told my him that it's a great little cardio session, so might as well give it a try.

It's November already and I haven't really increased/practiced any of my running other than the few 5ks I did before the injury hit. I'm a bit worried about this as my goal is to be able to run 5 miles by Christmas but at the current progress rate being made it would seem unlikely I'll reach that distance.

Saying that though my swimming is alot stronger and with it I've seen an improvement in my recovery times and lung endurance, which will hopefully I'll see the benifit in once I return to running.

I've found a nice (little) hill that I'm thinking of using for my hill sprints later in the year..........fun!



Still papping it about May but hopefully this will dissappear for and while and come back with rage a week prior to the event.

Still Training, still hoping and 187 days 12 hours 50 minutes and 22 seconds left to train...smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for protein shakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment